That's right. I'm going back to work full-time. Starting next week, I'll be the bread-winner around here. Same thing I've done before, in the lab, but at the central lab for a chain of clinics instead of a hospital.
We're excited to have some real money coming in again. And it will give John the chance to find the right job instead of something to just pay the bills and cover health insurance.
For those of you worried about the kids, I'll be working the 3-11 shift. I'll be home with them for most of the day. While John is contracting and job searching, he'll take over for me at about 2. When he needs to do something in the afternoons, or when he finally goes back to work, we'll only need to find babysitting for a couple of hours. So most of the time, the boys will be with one of us.
Honestly, as worried as I am about how I'll manage everything at home on this new schedule, I'm really excited. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty again. (Figuratively.) I've actually been feeling a little bit lacking as a mom. I'm not innately good at it and it's burning me out. The prospect of doing something that I'm really, really good at is energizing.
So that's the big news around here! I'm spending this last week of freedom getting ready. Making lists of easy and make-ahead meals that John can have on the table in under 30 minutes. Figuring out a new daily chores schedule for myself. Buying new scrubs. Finding out who would be interested in babysitting when we need it. (Anyone? We can't pay much, but our kids are fun!)
The transition is going to make for an interesting few weeks. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
A Job! A Job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Congrats! I'm glad you found something.
I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes really well! It will be nice to be just Mia again, I would think! Good luck!
congatulations girl. what a blessing you have marketable skills as well as your hubby. my resume would say "do you need me to clean up poop, barf, pee, spit, crunched cheerios or pin you down to wipe up said items? I am your girl."
Staci, you totally have marketable skills. You have that voice! Oh, that voice. I miss hearing it!
I hope you like being back at work. It must have been hard to make that decision, so I hope everything goes well.
Btw you are a great mom, I've seen you in action.
Yay for a job! I am a little jealous- there are a lot of times I would love to go back to work and just be able to do my thing again.
Call me if you need babysitting. I promise I'll put your kids to bed (since I wouldn't have Alex there with me- makes it a bit easier). :)
Congrats on the job! Hope things go well with it.
Way to go, miajo! We are happy to hear that things are looking up. Wish we could run downstairs and babysit like old times.
Congratulations! You do have the best of both worlds... home with the kids and work.
Post a Comment