So we went back to the doctor this morning. He spiked a fever yesterday afternoon and screamed for an hour and a half until John came home from work. Apparently daddy is more of a comfort at the moment. (It's OK. Usually it's the other way around.) So while he was screaming, and I was attempting to calm him down and not burst into to tears myself, I scheduled the appointment. I was kind of obnoxious and got them to open up an appointment with Ethan's actual pediatrician, and not with whichever NP had an opening.
It was good. She checked him for pneoumonia, a sore throat, and rechecked his ears. No pneumo, no sore throat, and ears getting better slowly. We talked it out and decided that the congestion (which has caused all of the problem over the last few weeks) probably has an allergy component. So we are going to cut out the decongestant, give Ethan a HUGE dose of Benadryl before bed, and see if he still has a bad night. When I say HUGE, I mean he is getting the normal dose for a 6 year old. I'm just glad it knocks him out instead of making him wired.
So, hopefully this will be the end of our miserableness. Maybe we will get a solid night's sleep sometime soon! OH NO! I forgot. She also said she could see his molars coming in. So maybe we won't sleep. But I can dream, can't I?
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Week 3 cont.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment