Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My John

A woman on 'A Baby Story' today said, "You never realize how much you can love someone until you hold your baby in your arms." Don't think that I'm a horrible mother, but I immediatly balked at that. As much as I love my son, I love my husband so much more. Maybe it's because Ethan is dependent on me, which gets exhausting, and I'm dependent on John for my sanity. But I don't think so. When I look at John, I not only see who he is, but who he has the potential to become. And because we are sealed, what we have the potential to become together. And when I look at Ethan in that eternal perspective, I'm glad that we have the opportunity to be his parents, but his potential will not be greatest simply as our son. So we will teach him and let him find his own partner for that. How could I love my son more than I love my husband? I can't. And that's the way it should be.

No comments: