Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Official!

We are actually moving. Job be damned! After John spent quite a long time job searching, we decided that we need to be where the jobs are. (In the current economy, everyone is trying to hire locally to save money.) So after reviewing our options, we're going to....AUSTIN, TX!!

Yes. I did actually say I'm moving to the country of Texas. I'm scared for me too. But like I keep reminding John, Austin isn't like the rest of the state. My east coast ways may kind of fit in there. At least that's what I'm told. I've never been there! This is a giant leap of faith for me, but I feel really good about it. WE feel really good about it.

We'll be packing up the truck the last weekend in June and heading out July 1st!! If you happen to live along our route, let us know and we'll stop by to visit. We'll be going from here to DC to stay with friends for a day or two, then through Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, and finally northeastern Texas.

As stressful as moving our entire lives in 4 weeks is (FOUR WEEKS!!! AAAAAAAAAA!!!), we're really excited. The area looks beautiful. (They have trees! Lots of trees!) The schools are good. (Always a concern when leaving the northeast. - Yea. That's right. We're snobby and proud of it.) And we can rent a large house for less money than the average apartment out here. We won't be going larger than we need, but I was expecting to have to bend on what I wanted and I won't need to at all! Yea for 3 bedrooms, a two car garage for the extra storage space, and a fenced backyard I can watch over from the kitchen and living room!!

(Wow, this post has a lot of exclamation points. Excited much?)

Ok. Back to packing.

8 comments:

m3ng said...

You'll love Austin. It's a great place!

dastew said...

Good for you guys, I hope it all works out for the best. I'm not sure how much we'll come and visit though. Who's up for one more game night in Boston? (and mexican)

Cherie said...

Hey! Keith just applied for a job there...maybe we'll still live around the corner from ya'll (get used to saying that one!).

scooping it up said...

Whoo hoo! I think you will love it. Trees, and decent weather a lot more of the year. You will definitely be missed. Let us know if you need help with anything, even taking the boys for a few hours. Cherie is right: Definitely learn to use ya'll.

m3ng said...

http://www.mangiapizza.com/22/About-Mangia.html

Authentic Chicago-style stuffed pizza in Austin!! Who woulda thunk?

Mary said...

SO EXCITED!!!!! I get to spoil your children for reals now! Oh yeah, and seeing you guys a bunch is cool, too.

SJ said...

Hey, it's Mary's lil' sis! She just told me you guys are moving here and gave me the link to your blog. I'm so excited for you! I moved from DC to Austin to get married, so I feel your "leaving the east coast" pain. But if I had to be anywhere else, I'd be here. Definitely Austin has a way cool vibe you guys would be hip to. I second the recommendation of Mangia's. There's one down the street from our apartment and it's delicious!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations... Keep in touch...