Most of you know that our Edward is named after a friend of mine. Ed passed away several years ago after fighting Cystic Fibrosis for 23 years. He changed the way I see life and how I choose to live it. Oddly enough it was John, who only met Ed once or twice, that wanted to name our next boy after him. I'm going to let him explain why on his blog. (nudge, nudge...)
During Ed's life, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation made sure that he had the best, most cutting-edge care and support available. Obviously, they not only support CF research, but they strive to improve the quality of life for those suffering from the disease.
On May 17th, John, the boys, and I will be joining Ed's family and friends in a GreatStrides walk to support the CF Foundation. We've already donated the amounts we committed to raise, but because we've seen up close what life with this disease is like, we're asking for your help. No pressure. But if you're so inclined, every small donation can be a big help. You can donate online by going here for me, or here for John. Or get a donation to us by May 16th and we'll take it with us to the event. (A surprising number of companies will match employee donations, so check at work!)
Monday, May 05, 2008
Walking for CF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment