Saturday, January 07, 2006

Missing Out on Snuggles

John always puts Ethan to bed. We started this because I work evenings and we wanted to be consistent. It's also a great time for the boys to spend together. (And the bath is hard on my back, tired at the end of the day.)

Tonight, John is babysitting for some friends. Their little boy goes to bed late, and I needed the break, so John went. (It seems like we've been doing a lot of babysitting lately doesn't it. But we get our fair share in return.) I got to put Ethan down. The bath was tough, but I loved to watch Ethan bounce around in his crib while I was trying to get his PJs on. (John doesn't like trying to catch him, but I just think it's so cute!) Then we settle into the rocking chair for a bottle. Ethan was so tired tonight, we skipped the book and song. After I finished saying a little prayer, he snuggled into me. Those little hands tucked in and he immediately fell asleep. I had to hurry and put him down so that I didn't wake him up with my tears.

Ethan is a snuggly boy in general, but he doesn't fall asleep in my arms anymore. I miss holding my little sleeping angel. Maybe I'll put him down more often, so that I don't miss out on that closeness.

No comments: