Ethan was discharged from the hospital Thursday morning. With the meds, he was (and is) doing just fine. Still has the cold, but can breathe easy. So I went to make an appearance at work.
When I came home around 11:30 that night, John said that Edward was having a really hard time sleeping. He's had the same cold and was coughing and tossing and turning. I was pretty confident that I knew what it was. Unfortunately, I was right. The boy was wheezing and sucking hard to get air in. Not nearly as hard as Ethan had been, but hard enough.
Back to the ER we went. We weren't rushed right back this time, but ulitimately the experience was the same. Nurses, drs, and respiratory therapists. Breathing treatments and an x-ray. Our nurse from two nights before did a double take when she walked by and saw me. It was nice to be remembered. The respiratory therapist was one of the ones who treated Ethan as well.
After a few hours we were able to go home. New nebulizer and prescriptions in hand. (Now we have the full set of asthma treatments at home!)
Edward's diagnosis wasn't asthma, mearly a tightening as a reaction to a virus, called bronchiolitis. But it could be a sign of things to come.
This virus has been a nasty one for our boys, so if you don't see us around until it's gone, it's because we're trying not to share!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Round Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm so sorry! I can't believe you've had two trips to the ER in such a short time. So glad they gave you a nebulizer, though. That will be your new best friend. Bridger had bronchiolitis in the spring and we've had to use his nebulizer many times, but it has been really nice to have. I hope your boys get better soon!
Post a Comment