Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You've gotta watch this!

With nothing else to watch Wed nights, John and I discovered a new show and we LOVE it! It's called 'Pushing Daisies' and you can watch full episodes here. (It's not on iTunes yet, but we can hope.)

Narrated brilliantly by Jim Dale, it's about a pie-maker who can bring people and things back to life by touching them (and killing them again by another touch.) The owner of a small shop called the 'Pie Hole', his PI friend roped him into using his talent to solve murders and collect the reward. He brought back his child-hood girlfriend to solve her murder and can't bring himself to send her back. So now they live and work together, but can't touch. Creating more fun is the girl who loves him (played by the amazing Kristin Chenoweth), but can't figure out who this new non-contact girl is. They even make great use of her voice with fun musical interludes.

Really, I can't describe how great it is, so you've gotta watch it. So quirky. Way to come back ABC!

5 comments:

dastew said...

Interesting. Wasn't Dale the narrator for the Harry Potter audiobooks?

Alissa said...

sorry... kid nation is on at the same time...

Anonymous said...

I just watched this on abc.com and thought it was fantastic. I'm adding it to my dvr list.

Anonymous said...

We love quirky

m3ng said...

"Life" is on NBC on Wednesday nights. I like it...