Friday, October 06, 2006

Not a Bad Life

I glanced at my posts for the last two months and was sad to see that all I mentioned was the hard stuff. Granted, there was more than I can handle thinking about all at once. But I missed all the good stuff.

There was great family stuff. Mom got engaged. Dad was sealed to his wife and her boys. Dorothy got married. And that's just the big stuff.

Ethan has just been a blast lately. We can have real conversations with him and he's becoming an independent little guy. He's exhausting to take out of the house now b/c I constantly have to chase him down, but he has so much more fun, so it's worth it.

John and I have been talking about when we need to leave Boston. It's an ongoing discussion and one that we've decided we don't like. Boston is not financially a good place for us, so we need to go, but we love it here. Our ward is amazing. Our jobs are ideal. We have great friends. And even with all the snow, this is my favorite climate.

All in all, we've got a pretty good life. As others have been suffering lately, we've been grateful that our happiness and stability has meant we could focus on helping them. So although my recent posts have made it seem as though life is really hard right now, we are actually doing great.

No comments: